If you look deeper you will see that Instagram can be both the best friend and the worst enemy of a fashion retailer and marketers. Even though Instagram boasts about it 800 million users, it is the social network that most online retailers especially those in the fashion industry will be ill-advised to overlook.
In addition to that, the beautiful imagery that it provides in many ways has proved to be the lifeblood and livelihood of several successful e-commerce sites and especially the fashion retailers.
However, there is one thing that you should consider if you want to use Instagram for your fashion business. When you browsing through an Instagram feed that showcases a specific fashion product and you want to see more, you will be kind of disheartened. This is because Instagram has no link policy and therefore it will leave you with no other alternative but to visit the website of the brand to find out more details and information about the product.
Therefore, Instagram is sure difficult to sell from because it is highly unlikely that the clickthrough mechanism will come by any time soon. Moreover, it might seem to be a risky business for the small fashion retailer who wants to focus more on the ROI from their social marketing campaigns putting all their time and effort even though the top of the funnel activities of it such as creating brand awareness may be very useful to buy real Instagram likes.
In fact for the larger brands, may put the smaller retailers into the trap of who want to use Instagram to replicate such activities on other networks such as Pinterest and Twitter and not have any specific plan of action.
Ways to avoid risks
However, there are specific ways in which such risks to the small fashion brands can be avoided and they can use this platform successfully to elevate their Instagram efforts.
- It is required by the smaller brands to make Instagram easy to foresee the future and present presents brands in a way that is more result driven and with a better selling perspective. There are various tactics to follow to get around this and reduce the friction between heading over to an online store and seeing an item on Instagram.
- It is also required to crowdsource the images with social proof. This is ideally the more persuasive way to go about and different fashion brands are increasingly using socially sourced images of followers and fans and reposting them.
- Another point to consider is to get up close and personal with more focus on beautiful and carefully crafted imagery. This will allow the users to create a ‘personal brand’ and at the same time give an opportunity to them to provide their followers with a glimpse of their business culture, working process and lots more.
- Inspired outreach of the influencers is also an incredibly effective marketing strategy for any fashion brand big or small. Visitors to your site can check the personal views and choices of the renowned bloggers onsite and can even chat with these personal stylists at designated times in the day to know more. This will drive them to make a buying decision of the same product as the influencer likes thereby increasing the prospects of your sale.
- You must also reach to your target audience and for this, you must start with the bigger marketing personas. This will help you to reach to an ideal customer with your product. You can even use the information while defining your ideal Instagram audience to your marketing team. Therefore you will need to dig deeper into the Instagram analytics so that you can add more detail and nuance to the profiles of this customer on your social data.
- You will also need to know the answers to several questions regarding your product, your audience, what are they attracted to and how you can best deliver it to them. You must also know who is your product designed for and what the specific audience is looking for.
- Make sure that you check your Instagram demographics while you start your research. With proper demographical insights into your Instagram audience. You will be able to see the most important fundamental statistics about the followers that involve their gender, their age, and their location. These three figures are very important for you if you want to run Instagram ads in the future. These figures will help you to get your content in front of the target audience.
- In order to know more about your target audience. You will need to make sure that you know everything about them including what are they doing on your platform. Whether or not they are looking for inspiration or are looking for tips to accessorize. Are they interested in behind-the-scenes look or simply want to know about a particular fashion brand or product.
- In addition to all these, you will need to have qualitative information about your audience as well because demographic can be anything but qualitative. The key difference between demographical and statistical analysis is that demographics tell about personal preferences, habits, interests, and life philosophies of your followers but statistics are all about numbers.
- To this, in the best possible way, you will need to stalk your followers which is something one should never do in his or her real life. However, this is essentially required and worth researching your Instagram target audience.
- Sensing a DM to your new follower along with a casual message will also be very effective for your marketing efforts. It will enable you to check the contents your competitors are posing. This is another useful and effective way to reach out to your target audience well ahead of your direct competitors.
Lastly, ask questions directly in the feed to know the specific thing that your audience wants and are into. Always end your captions with a question to ask your followers regarding what they want to see on your Instagram post. And make changes accordingly to your content, format type, Instagram Stories, feed, and caption.